PROJECT: Regeneration of Existing ‘Radburn’ Estate
Two of five phases are complete so far, involving refurbishment of 86 houses, demolition of 20 houses and construction of 13 new build houses. The project also included extensive re-modelling of the public realm, new streets and homezones and a pocket park, together with significant improvements to private gardens and boundaries.
Our design approach was determined by the need to reduce opportunity for and fear of crime, to establish coherence and legibility across the estate and to upgrade visual quality generally.
SERVICES: Full architectural services for Wulvern Housing from inception to construction completion, including administration of building contract. The construction contract was a full partnering contract (PPC 2000) and in addition to Architect/Contract Administration Services, Triangle was the Client Representative.
Pre-planning work by Triangle included option appraisals, masterplanning and extensive community consultation.
- “Regeneration Scheme of the Year”: 2011 Housing Excellence Awards
- Winner – “Regenerating Communities” category: 2011 UK Housing Awards
- Shortlisted for 3 National Housing Federation Awards 2011:
- “What We Are Proud Of” Award
- “Best Contribution to the Local Community”
- “Best Partnership Working”
- Finalist – Manchester Society of Architects Awards
- Finalist – NW LABC “Built-In Quality” Awards
See also ‘TESTIMONIALS’
- CLIENT: WULVERN HOUSING
- LOCATION: Crewe